Thursday, 14 July 2011

Rainy Day Red

Victoria has been rainy and gray for the past few days, and today was no exception. I personally don't mind rainy days, they're a great excuse to curl up on your couch and watch TV all day without feeling guilty! I had a few errands to run today, however, so I had to change out of my pyjamas and into my rain boots!



We decided to take a detour and walk along the downtown Wharf, there's something beautiful about being by the water on a rainy day. The smells remind me of being back on the East Coast and the layer of fog over the water is enchanting.




I am IN LOVE with this umbrella I found at a thrift store here in BC. It's the prettiest vintage umbrella I've ever seen! I love the idea of having a bright coloured umbrella to pop during rainy days. The red of this umbrella is faded the perfect amount and I love the black leather handle and gold accents. All for $1.50? YES PLEASE.






My Hunter rainboots are a huge staple in my wardrobe. I literally wear them year round (I have liners for them in the Winter months) and I'm tempted to get another pair in another color!



I hope you are all having a lovely day, rain or shine!

Blazer: Thrifted
Blouse: Thrifted
Boots: Hunter
Umbrella: Thrifted, Vintage

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hilary,
    You look really cool wearing your Hunter Wellingtons and if you are going to buy another pair there are plenty of funky colours to choose from.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete