Monday, 13 June 2011

An Ode to Atlantic Fashion week

I wasn't born there-but I surely was raised there, which is why Atlantic Canada will always hold a special place in my heart. This is a post dedicated solely to the upcoming Atlantic Fashion Week! One of the toughest decisions you, my Atlantic Canadian friends, will have to make this year will be WHAT to wear to the fashion event of the year! A decision you should not take lightly. If you are planning on attending one (or a few, or all) of the fashion shows this week, then you are surely a fashionable individual! Which means you will want to be on top of your fashion game. I decided to put together an outifit that I myself would choose to wear to a fashion show, and I hope to inspire you with!



This season, Short Suits are popping up EVERYWHERE! It's a hot take on an old time classic, and I'm super into them! This looks says fashionable, chic and classy, a perfect combo to wear to any of this week's fashion shows!





For this post, I went with the age-old combo of black and white, but I encourage you to brighten it up! Go for a bold colored suit, and popping jewellery! Or go with the black suit and a bold patterned shirt underneath! Fashion is all about being daring, and what better place to be daring and try out new things then at a fashion show?



I hope I've inspired you to be playful with your outfit choices for this week's upcoming shows. And I truly hope that all of you enjoy the fashionable events of this week! I will be thinking of you all from the West Coast!

Blazer: Thrifted
Shorts: Winners
Shoes: Forever 21
Blouse: Thrifted 

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the idea of Short Suits - what a professional, chic and fun choice for summer. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it Jill! I agree- it's a great way to look professional and still have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on winning the H&M/MMVA fashion blogger award! And you look so prooooo.

    Peace, Katricia.
    http://katriciab.com/skylark

    ReplyDelete