Tuesday, 28 June 2011

Being the H&M Fashion Blogger: Fashionably Fantastic!


As promised, here is my post on my experience being the official H&M Fashion Blogger of the 2011 MMVAs (even writing it down makes me giddy)! I'll try and make this short, sweet and FUN!

Day 1: Breakfast meeting with the team who I would be working with during my stay inToronto- they were all absolutely amazing! They made me feel so welcome and truly like part of the team. From breakfast I headed over to the H&M Canada head office in Toronto (dreams coming true: check) where I got to interview the lovely Fefe Dobson! I also got to check out their upcoming Fall 2011 line..AH-MAZING.

Chillin with Fefe!

Sneak Peek at the H&M Fall 2011 line

Later that evening we headed over to the H&M Store on Queen Street for a pre-MMVA party event, where the super awesome band Dragonette performed live in the store! Free drinks and food, live music and 20% off the entire store makes Hilary a happy girl.

Dragonette setting the Mood at H&M Queen
The Amazing Ashley from MuchMusic and I at the H&M event

Day 2: H&M opened their doors extra early for myself and Tim Chan, host of MuchMusic's #trending, in order for us to get outfitted for the Red Carpet! Having a whole H&M store to myself, with everything at my disposal was another dream come true moment (need I say more??) The lovely H&M ladies Karen and Emily helped me to choose an outfit that I truly loved, and would stand out on the Red Carpet!



Day 3: Rehearsals!! (and shopping). With all of my MuchMusic Blog posts up-to-date, I was able to relax and take in the sites (and shops) of Toronto with my BFF Bailey and my BFF/Sister Darcy (psst..check out her Etsy store Tea with Gladys). We also stopped by the MMVA stage to watch some of the rehearsals taking place (hello GaGa). It was a perfect day!

Gaga's dancers

the sis, the BFF and me
Day 4: GAME DAY! Well, not really game day...more like Award day...but you get my drift. I showed up early to the MuchMusic building to have my makeup done (my first time ever having my makeup professionally done!) then practiced my Red Carpet lines with Tim.

Red Carpet Dreams with Tim of #trending

Stepping out on the Red Carpet was such a surreal moment! Cameras everywhere, screaming fans and Tim Chan next to me holding a Microphone..aahhh! I totally soaked everything in, and loved every second of it!!

After the MMVAs were officially over, the parties began! We danced the night away at the Universal Records afterparty...it was A BLAST!

The BFF, Emily from H&M and I at the Universal Afterparty
Hugs with Patrick from H&M
Anthony of Mediacom

The next day I flew home, back to reality. Being the H&M Fashion Blogger was an experience I will never forget. I learned so much over my short time there, and made some great friends! I also added a good portion of H&M clothes to my already H&M dominated wardrobe, and I can't wait to show off all of my purchases!

THANK YOU EVERYONE for all of your support!! You mean the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment