Friday, 20 May 2011

A New Take on the Birthday Suit

It was boyfriend's birthday on Monday and because he doesn't like cake (don't ask me how we're still together) I had to make something that would satisfy my sweet tooth, and his non-dessert liking tooth. I thought these dapper looking strawberries were a perfect compromise. A bonus: I was able to add two layers of chocolate, with him being none the wiser.


Start off by dipping the strawberries in melted white chocolate. I melted the chocolate by putting it in a heat proof bowl and placing the bowl over boiling water. I find that makes the chocolate melt perfectly smooth. Once the strawberries are dipped, place them in the fridge to harden.



Melt the dark chocolate the same way and twirl the strawberries in the chocolate so only the white "V" is showing. Then dot on the buttons, place in the fridge, eat a delicious dinner, and by the time you're finished- you're suited up strawberries will be ready to be devoured!



I went by this recipe from TLC's The Kitchen Boss... secretly in love with Buddy. He has so many great recipes!

2 comments: